MACUNGIE, Pa. – A veterinarian said a dog trapped in a car on a 90-degree day in eastern Pennsylvania honked the horn until he was rescued. Nancy Soares said the chocolate Labrador was brought to her Macungie Animal Hospital last month after he had been in the car for about an hour.
She said Max’s owner had gone shopping and was unloading packages when she returned but forgot that Max was still in the car. She later heard the horn honking and looked outside several times but saw nothing amiss. Finally, she went outside and saw Max sitting in the driver’s seat, honking the horn.
Soares said the owner immediately gave Max cold water to drink and wet him down with towels before rushing him to the clinic.
Soares said Max was very warm and panting heavily but had suffered no serious injuries, only heat exhaustion.
Thanks DJ & Janet
“It’s an act of authoritarian heavy-handedness which recalls the imprisonment of Mandela”.
Thanks Brandon G
Next time call the Geek Squad.
Passengers on a US Airways flight got more than they bargained for when they found themselves covered in maggots falling from an overhead locker.
Just as the plane was taxiing down the runway in Atlanta, Georgia, the pilot was forced to return to the gate thanks to the “minor emergency on board”.
A cleaning crew discovered the maggots had escaped from rotting meat in a food container in one of the passenger’s hand luggage.
Barb Develli, who had been traveling on the aircraft, described how the maggots poured on top of her friend sitting next to her.
“They were all over her, and then we looked in the seats. They were all over the seat. That’s when I got up. They were in my seat. In her seat.”
Another passenger Desiree Harrell said: “Bugs just began to fall out of the overhead compartment.
“And they tried to get us to sit there but it was evident they were right behind us in our seat.
“We were just asked to get up and walk to the back of the place because I refused to sit back in the seat.”
Once the mess was cleaned up, the plane continued on to its destination Charlotte where it was taken out of service and fumigated “out of an abundance of caution”.