Thanks Miss Silver
Matt T. sends along this sign he captured at Scotty’s Pub in Sioux City Iowa.
Here’s our idea for the BABBQ: None of this is set in stone yet, so I’m asking for input or ideas. I want to keep it as cheap as possible and firm up the details so we can start registration in a few days.
September 4, 2010 (Labor Day Saturday) – St. Louis MO
OK, here’s the deal: We’ll have the following:
- T-Shirt for everyone over 10 (kids under 10 won’t get a shirt unless you buy one)
- Swimming (No lifeguard on duty)
- Attendance Prizes
- Trading Station prize
- Adults over 21 – $20
- Ages 10 – 20 – $15
- Kids under 10 – $5 (no T-shirt)
- Extra T-Shirts – $5
The survey I took a while back showed quite a positive response and many said they’d probably come. I have to limit the number to somewhere around 200 if everyone still plans to come. It will be on a first come basis. You will have to pay in advance to reserve a place. There will be a time where you can get a refund up until a certain date. So if you pay and something comes up and you can’t attend, I will refund your money up until let’s say August 21. That’s two weeks before the event. If you cancel after August 21st, consider your payment a donation.
If anyone wants to submit a design we’ll gladly consider it. The shirts will not be fancy ( one or two colors at most) but will commemorate the 1st Ever Bits & Pieces Big Ass BBQ.
I have a few things lined up already as prizes and we’ll also give away whatever we end up with from the B&P Trading Station. We can have attendance prizes but we also need to come up with a way to give away the Trading Station prize. If anyone would like to donate items for prizes I’d certainly appreciate it.
So, Let me know your thoughts on any of these things over the weekend, as I want to firm everything up and get the ball rolling.
Confused? See Bob Shows Up
10. Everything on the grill has a long, thin tail.
9. To avoid burning, chicken breasts are covered in Coppertone.
8. The “cole slaw” is just mayonnaise and lawn trimmings.
7. The three-legged race is won by a three-legged guy.
6. Every couple minutes, the cook drops his pants and flips himself with the spatula.
5. Host tells you the burgers are 20% beef and 80% critter.
4. The steaks have been sitting in marinade sauce all night, and so has your Uncle DJ.
3. You have to sign a legal waiver before you eat the potato salad.
2. Things seem tense between your guest hosts, Frank and Kathie Lee.
1. The guests all have grill marks on their foreheads.
The official date for the First Ever Bits & Pieces Big Ass BBQ will be Saturday, September 4, 2010 in St. Louis MO.
I have recreated the BABBQ page. I think I have fixed the comments issue we had earlier.
We’ll get down to the serious planning after Memorial Day around the first of June.
In the mean time I’m looking for ideas and input from you guys. Suggestions are welcome.