My grandson, Scootco, posted the following on his Facebook page:
Lets us all take a moment and realize the lack of creativity in the name “fire place”.
It got me to wondering what if we named other common things in such simple cavemanesque terms.
- The telephone would be the Talk Thing
- A sink would be a Water Place
- A window could be known as a Look Out
- A microwave oven might be an Invisible Fire Thing
- A computer could be a Know It All Box
- A toilet might have been known as a Sit Upon
- A car might be called a Get Me There
- A spoon might have been called a Mouth Shovel
- A printer could be a Paper Spitter
I have a feeling the B&P readers could come up with a few more.